Wow. What another great year for Accountex. A huge thank you to all the organisers and everyone who exhibited for making it a truly enjoyable experience.
It’s incredible to see so many proactive accountants in attendance – you’re a credit to the industry!
Didn’t manage to make it this time? Not to worry. Here are the 5 key things we learnt from attending this year’s Accountex:
- Auto Enrolment Is hotter than hot – walking round this year’s Accountex, it was hard not to spot the growing trend in AE software. With a variety of options on offer (and some very tempting pricing structures), Auto Enrolment represents a real opportunity for accountants to generate an additional revenue stream!
- Light Rain With A Definite Cloud Covering – We’ve all known it for some time, but Accountex confirmed it. The accounting industry is well and truly on its way into the cloud. A huge offering of cloud hosted solutions for bookkeeping, desktops and reporting we’re all on offer to propel your practice into the future.
- Manual Compliance Is Costly – It may come as a surprise to some, but many accountants are still manually completing compliance work. We’ve been saying for some time, this isn’t an option if you want to compete in 2015. There are numerous options for automating your compliance work saving you time and money!
- In-comes outsourcing – Using outside help doesn’t mean you’ve given up, it means you’re passing off the 80% of work that only contributes to 20% of your revenues. Outsourcing is a cost and time effective option for compliance, tax + much more!
- What Does The Future Hold? – Taking all the above into account, many would argue: what is left for the accountant? In an increasingly competitive market, you have to be seeking out the additional revenue streams that come from value added activities. Accountex showcased a number of exciting start-ups all offering fantastic solutions for you to offer even more value to your clients.