It’s one of those services that most accountancy practices offer, but it’s not something they’re particularly passionate about and it might not be all that profitable for them.
We all know that it’s a requirement that all UK registered companies maintain various official registers and minutes etc. as well as other various forms, resolutions and returns that need to be filed.
All of this can take up a considerable amount of time and energy for you and your team.
So, it begs the question, why not let somebody else worry about this for you?
Why not outsource it?
By outsourcing your company secretarial duties, you can free up time for you and your time to focus on delivering even greater value services to your clients.
And not only that, you can turn it into a highly profitable service for your practice to offer.
One particular company I’ve been impressed with (and heard very good things about from some of my clients) is Company Registrations Online Ltd.
(Disclaimer – I’m not in any way involved with CRO nor do I receive commissions for recommending their services)
Their ‘Company View’ service is a fully managed outsourced solution to all of your company secretarial needs, which includes a combination of software automation and a team of experienced staff members who produce all the statutory paperwork and are on hand to assist you throughout.
Some of the benefits of using service includes:
- All Companies House filings will be looked after and kept up to date
- All statutory registers will be available immediately upon request from the system saving the need to maintain paper records
- All paper records currently held could be scanned and kept electronically to save considerable storage space
- Experienced staff will be on hand at all times to help, answer questions, advise and otherwise to support your business
- Pro-active reminders for confirmation statements and accounts deadlines
- They ensure your records are up date at all times and the Companies House records show correct data
- They can advise and/or assist in the reorganisation of paper records accordingly
And for me, probably one of the biggest benefits is the price.
You can outsource all of your company secretarial work to them for just £3 per company per month (or less depending on volumes).
That works out to £36 per company per year, and when you look at what your fees are in comparison to this price, you can see how it starts to become incredibly profitable…
To find out more about how their ‘Company View’ service works, you can visit their website here.
I’d be interested to know, who already outsources their company secretarial duties? If so, who do you use?
And for the practices that don’t currently offer company secretarial services, why not? By outsourcing it, it could be another profitable revenue stream for you and it can release your team to do other higher value work for your clients.